Location: New York, New York
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory at Memorial Sloan Kettering consists of disease-specific pathologists, molecular diagnosticians, and researchers with expertise in a range of solid tumor types as well as hematopathology.
Our pathologists collaborate with other specialists to customize each patient's treatment based on their individual diagnosis. Molecular pathology and precision medicine are increasingly vital components of the work we do. Our pathologists use innovative technology and the most-advanced diagnostic techniques available to analyze thousands of tissue samples. We generate more than 170,000 diagnostic reports each year.
Our laboratories are internationally recognized for their innovation in clinical test development. In particular, we are well regarded for our development of assays to detect minimal residual disease and comprehensive proteomic and genomic analysis, for which we work with the Molecular Diagnostics Service. For further information, please visit: https://www.mskcc.org/departments/pathology/expertise
The Cell Marker Laboratory within the Hematopathology Service located at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is seeking a Technologist II in our diagnostic leukemia/lymphoma flow cytometry laboratory.
As a Flow Cytometry Technologist you will:
- Prepare and analyze samples according to written standard protocols.
- Assist with instrument maintenance and quality control procedures.
- Operate equipment carefully and according to procedures.
- Help maintain commonly used equipment and resolve minor equipment problems.
- Assure equipment and instruments meet performance standards.
- Maintain QC related documents.
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory's Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain complete documentation for assay tracking and results for review/reporting.
- Review all test requests thoroughly for errors, omissions, clarity, and potential problems.
- Verify patient identification at all steps of every procedure and maintain complete accuracy.
- Notify supervisor of discrepancies and record corrective action taken.
- Perform and maintain competency in the technical and related work of the laboratory.
- Additional tasks involved in the operation of the laboratory may be assigned as needed.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Biotechnology, Clinical Lab Sciences, or related field required
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License required
- Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
- Variable, Hours will be between 7am and 10pm.
- Rotating Saturdays
Learn more about our Benefits!
Pay Range $39.90-$61.80
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.