CLS III / Group Lead - WD - West Hills, CA - TUESDAY-SATURDAY
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As a Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we're creating the lab of the future - an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Reports to Operations Supervisor or Laboratory Supervisor. Provides assistance to internal and external clients; is accountable for working independently without supervision, relying on excellent communication skills to accomplish job accountabilities. May oversee the laboratory in the supervisor's absence.
Job Accountabilities Clinical Laboratory Scientist III incumbents, functioning in either a Technical Specialist or Assistant Supervisor role must:
1. Demonstrate leadership through accountability and collaboration in daily activities.
2. Consistently demonstrates a high level of initiative and problem-solving ability.
3. Project a positive, professional demeanor at all times.
4. Adapt to change in a way that promotes coordination and teamwork.
5. Coordinate efforts to effectively work with others in a way that is productive and promotes cooperation. Recognized as an organized participant or leader of meetings. Effectively delegates and utilizes individual skills of staff.
6. Demonstrate effective two-way communication with staff, immediate manager, suppliers, internal and external customers, via meetings, written and verbal interactions, to create an informed positive environment.
7. Serve as a technical resource for problem solving and process improvement. Devotes a reasonable amount of time to bench testing to the extent necessary to maintain workflow of both assays and equipment.
8. Support, implement and ensure compliance of all department and company policies (i.e. Health and Safety, HR, QA, etc.).
9. Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies through documentation and quality improvement.
10. Coordinate an effective quality process to ensure required documentation and quality improvement.
11. Regularly update the departmental standard operating procedures and database to accurately reflect the current process.
12. Serve as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist II capacity, as needed.
13. Provides direct and constant supervision to unlicensed staff as required.
Depending upon the career path of the Clinical Laboratory Scientist III, job accountabilities may include:
1. Effectively maintaining quality staffing by interviewing, training and providing staff development through performance evaluation feedback.
2. Effectively monitoring and adjusting staff and assay schedules, to maximize department efficiency and meet established goals.
3. Responsibility for procurement of appropriate supplies and equipment to maximize department efficiency and meet established budgetary and quality goals.
4. Oversight of test performance, driving process and project management and submission of required reports to meet established deadlines.
5. Performs or oversees assay validations/assay modifications.
7. Serves as a resource person for complex technical questions.
1. Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license and at least 4 years of progressive laboratory experience. 2. Bachelor's degree in medical technology or other Life Sciences from an accredited college or university. 3. Computer skills: word processing skills using Windows based software (Word, Excel, etc.). Other automation skills helpful. Typing skills desirable.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.]
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.
Internal Number: 71528
About Quest Diagnostics
We are an industry leader with a longstanding reputation for exceptional quality and stability in our market. We inspire action, illuminate answers, and advocate better health.
At Quest Diagnostics, we are dedicated to continuously improving patient health. We are the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, services, and information that patients and doctors rely on to make better healthcare decisions.
Each day, we impact the lives of millions, serving one in three American adults. Our continuous pursuit to discover and innovate enables us to create new solutions every day, many of which are now industry standards of care. Diagnostic tests influence about 66% of clinical decision making.